DTH Policy of the Government of India (2nd Nov. 2000):
- Total foreign investment, including FDI/NRI/OCB/FII, not to exceed 49 per cent.
- Control of the DTH company to rest with resident Indians.
- Broadcasting and/or cable company holding limited to 20 per cent
- An entry fee of Rs 100 million, plus annual revenue sharing with the government on a 10 per cent basis.
- A bank guarantee of Rs 400 million for 10-year licence period
- Mandatory uplinking from India
- DTH providers would be given a year's time to set up an earth station in India.
- The licensee to ensure a single SMS (subscriber management system) and an open architecture set-top box.
Click for Guidelines for obtaining license for providing DIRECT-TO-HOME (DTH) BROADCASTING SERVICE in India